Three official visits on the March Break agenda for Golden Gaels standout. Cameron Heights Golden Gaels tailback Akeem Foster embodies the
"Collision at the Causeway" football jamboree September 7th & 8th
"Collision at the Causeway" football jamboree September 7th & 8thadmin0 Comments
The Kingston Football Officials Association and LaSalle Secondary School are co-hosting a Football Exhibition Extravaganza for senior and junior football teams from across Eastern Ontario and Mississauga. Your games will be all one day. The dates are listed below. Please choose one day to attend.
COLLISION AT THE CAUSEWAY
September 7th and 8th 2012
Berkley Brean Field, LaSalle Secondary School, Kingston, On
Our intention is to have a multi team invitational. There will be pools of equally seeded teams. The seeding will be done using a number of criteria: school size, last year’s record, number of returning players, etc. (please see attached Football Day Information Sheet). Each team will play a scrimmage, utilizing the rules included, against each pool member. Each pool will have non traditional rivals.
The Kingston Football Officials Association will be using the tournament to instruct and mentor its returning and new officials. Two fields will be in use.
Coaches will be permitted on the field during the play and one coach can engage in the huddle to communicate with their team prior to scrimmage. If any member of your team requires the use of a tinted visor, please have a look at the 2012 Rule Book. Medical personnel will present for the event.
The registration fee will be $200.00. Previous concerns of finding exhibition game opponents, arranging for officials, and being careful not to demonstrate too varied a playbook have been eliminated. Your only problem will be: Being ready for some football.
The teams will be selected on a first come basis. Do not miss your opportunity to join in the fun.
Games will be played on Friday at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 p.m.
Games will be played on Saturday at 10:00, 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 p.m.
Please complete the Football Day Information Sheet and e-mail back to confirm your registration.
Collision At The Causeway Committee.
2012 Collision at the Causeway Rules
• Scrimmages shall be 50 minutes in length;
• Teams will start play the opponents 40 yard line;
• Each team will have alternating 10 offensive plays – downs can be tracked if it is the desire of the offensive coach;
• If downs are required, instead of using stick crews, bean bags (utilized in touch football) will be used to mark the line of scrimmage and the first down marker;
• The quarterback will be designated with a different colour jersey;
• The quarterback will only be touched to be downed behind the line of scrimmage (protection of the quarterback will be emphasized);
• If the quarterback decides to run past the line of scrimmage, normal tackling rules will be applied;
• With the exceptions noted above, the rules utilized will be those from the Canadian Amateur Rule Book for Tackle Football.
Football Day Information Sheet
Choose Friday ____ or Saturday ____ or Either ____
1) Team Name:______________________________________________________
2) Team Colours: Helmet________________, Jersey______________________
3) Won Loss record: 11_____________, 10_____________, 09_______________
4) Are you an AAA or AA school: AAA / AA
5) Are you willing to play a team in a different designation: Y / N
6) Are you a veteran team: Y / N
School mailing address and contact information for this event:
Your name: ____________________________________
Your input or suggestions are welcome: