CFC Discussion Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Marshall at U of T

Was interested to hear what people's thoughts were on the hiring? Can he finally bring U of T out of the basement and turn them into a contender like Waterloo?

If you ask other ppl in Saskatchewan you may get a different answer, but personally im a big fan of Marshall.

I think the bigger problem is the stigma surrounding football in Toronto...gotta be hard to attract kids to a football blackhole and they need high marks i imagine...hopefully he can turn it around but its not going to be easy thats for sure

Quote from SaskyFB on March 2, 2018, 8:30 pm

If you ask other ppl in Saskatchewan you may get a different answer, but personally im a big fan of Marshall.

I think the bigger problem is the stigma surrounding football in Toronto...gotta be hard to attract kids to a football blackhole and they need high marks i imagine...hopefully he can turn it around but its not going to be easy thats for sure

Thanks for the response, did I miss something about Marshall and Saskatchewan?

We definitely do have our issues with football in Toronto mostly because we're over saturated with every sport you can imagine, but I think there's still a thriving community in this city that deserves some attention.

I noticed that there's a few GTA prospects on the CFC100 this year, hopefully Marshall can use some of the relationships he developed while at Queen's to sign a top talent or two. It seems like Richview has a few guys who could help turn the program around.

I noticed York signed a CFC100 today from out of province, so maybe that's what U of T needs to start doing? York has a lot of players from all over the country.

I am pretty new to the whole process on recruiting but I can tell you that U of T is very active in their search for talent out west. Is their any rules on when they can start contacting players? Do they have to wait till their senior year? Can this start as early as grade 10?

Quote from Axemen21 on March 11, 2018, 12:07 pm

I am pretty new to the whole process on recruiting but I can tell you that U of T is very active in their search for talent out west. Is their any rules on when they can start contacting players? Do they have to wait till their senior year? Can this start as early as grade 10?

I answered in your thread but figured I'd leave it here as well, programs can contact students in high school at whatever age. Usually it's just a simple email or they ask them to send some tape but contact starts very early for the top ranked guys.

If you look at John Metchie he hasn't even played his senior year yet and has gone on a bunch of visits and received offers from the NCAA. A lot of U Sports programs offer early as well but it's not highly publicized.

As for U of T, it's good to hear they're active all over the country. I imagine their academics and prestige is a massive selling point for some recruits, also big city living has its benefits especially recruiting on the west coast.

Marshall is a high quality football man I was surprised they lured him away from Queen's, they seem to be making a push towards the top again.

Quote from Axemen21 on March 11, 2018, 12:07 pm

Seems like you predicted the future ... just read about there 5 Calgary commits ... I have a lot of faith in Marshall hes got connections all over the place and needs to sell the history of UofT ...maybe bring new sense of excitement for football in the city

Nice to see a good discussion about the Blues going on, I never thought I'd see the day lol It's refreshing there seems to be a new sense of life surrounding the program, I just hope Marshall can capitalize. If they can get even 3 or 4 wins this year they may put themselves in a great position going into next year's recruiting cycle.

Marshall is one of the great men in our game. I haven't been around him for a long time now, but I believe he's going to help take the Blues to the playoffs within five years. You heard it here first people!

Loading cart ...